Awake

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

She sings my heart

I took some time today. I took some time to be silent...to sleep. I was still and I knew that you were God. And yet when I awoke the reality of the pain remained fresh. I woke to the patterns of life, I woke to the burden of sufferings...I woke to the abiding presence of the cross.
The community at Princeton Theological Seminary has amazed me. Students gathering with me to pray, to cry, to listen. Students who just met me, who don't know me...students taking time to ask...studnets simply smiling at me, looking at me and not needing to ask. As I long for my community at Valpo, I am held up in love and prayer by my community at PTS...

And as I have been longing for Valpo, longing for the place where I can link into those students who walked with me...who cried with me...who sought truth with me...I have re-discovered Amber. Entering into the blogging world again today has brought me to the gift of her words. She sings my heart. She rose early so many mornings last fall, she has seen the lines on Dr. Truemper's face, she has heard his words...felt the hot tears roll down her cheek as we struggled together in the darkness...I cry out to those other members of my class. Anton I think especially of you as you travel far from here...facing new beginnings, pervading questions, seeking to aid humanity in the shadows of your doubt and in the knowledge of the sufferings of Dr. Truemper. O my partners in glory and my fellow failures! You are each present with me in my thoughts, in this fiasco. May we hold each other in love and prayer...in the shadows of suffering. May the peace of Christ be with you all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home